- This event has passed.
Coaching Mentorship with David Jacob Smith
May 20 @ 7:00 pm - August 19 @ 9:30 pm$499
My passion as a coach trainer is to equip and impart my heart for building and developing people using the coaching model. One of the best ways I know how to do that, beyond training in the process and skills of coaching, is to mentor others through a process of deliberate practice with feedback, utilizing coaching skills in real life coaching conversations. Coaching is a skill which is best learned through practice and feedback. As pointed out by Cal Newport in his book, Deep Work, outstanding performance isn’t a result of natural talent, but rather hard work in the form of deliberate practice. He goes on to define deliberate practice as “practice designed to improve a specific skill using intense focus, repetition and continuous feedback. Deliberate practice is cognitively demanding, requires intense concentration, and cannot be done with distraction.” Beginning May 13, I am starting another 13-week Coaching Mentorship class. This class will held to a maximum of 10 participants. Having a basic foundation in coaching is required and critical for participants to gain the maximum from this class. So, to qualify for this class participants must have successfully completed Level 1 and 2 coach training workshops offered by Bethel Coaching, or the online course, Foundations in Christian Life Coaching.
HERE’S MORE OF WHAT TO EXPECT:
- One, 2 hour Orientation session where the atmosphere will be set for the class
- Twelve weekly 2 and a half hour sessions consisting of two, 30 min coaching sessions each followed with a debriefing session
- Live coaching sessions around real life issues participants identify they wished to be coached around
- Each participant will coach twice, be coached twice, observe and offer feedback for 16 other sessions
- Focus will be on core coaching competencies as recognized by ICF (International Coaches Federation)
- Emphasis will be on developing people utilizing transactional and transformational coaching
- Time for Q and A around the coaching process, skills, and related topics
- Receiving more of David’s heart for people and the coaching process
- Weekly sessions to be held in David’s home
- Satisfies all six hours of mentor coaching required for certification with Bethel Coaching
- A great deal at $499. (Cost includes course handouts)