- This event has passed.
Coaching Mentorship with David Smith
September 14, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - December 7, 2017 @ 9:00 pm
My passion as a coach trainer is to equip and impart my heart for building and developing people using the coaching model. One of the best ways I know how to do that, beyond training in the process and skills of coaching, is to mentor others through a process of deliberate practice with feedback, utilizing coaching skills in real life coaching conversations.
Coaching is a skill which is best learned through practice and feedback. As pointed out by Cal Newport in his book, Deep Work, outstanding performance isn’t a result of natural talent, but rather hard work in the form of deliberate practice. He goes on to define deliberate practice as “practice designed to improve a specific skill using intense focus, repetition and continuous feedback. Deliberate practice is cognitively demanding, requires intense concentration, and cannot be done with distraction.”
Beginning the week of September 11, 2017, I am launching my first Coaching Mentorship class. This class will have a maximum of 10 participants. Having a basic foundation in coaching is critical for participants to gain the maximum from this class. So, to qualify for this class participants must have successfully completed Level 1 and 2 coach training workshops offered by Bethel Coaching, or my online course, Foundations in Christian Life Coaching.
Here’s more of what to expect:
- Twelve weekly 2 hour sessions consisting of two, 40 min coaching sessions each followed with a debriefing session
- Live coaching sessions around real life issues participants want to be coached around
- Each participant will coach twice, be coached twice, observe others and offer feedback for 16 other sessions
- Focus will be on core coaching competencies as recognized by ICF (International Coaches Federation)
- Emphasis will be on developing people and transformational coaching
- Time for Q and A around the coaching process, skills, and related topics
- Receiving more of Dave’s heart for people and the coaching process
- Weekly sessions to be held in Dave’s home
- Satisfies the mentor coaching hours required for certification with Bethel Coaching
- A great deal at $499. (Cost includes course handouts but does not cover additional books for required reading)